This past weekend was a girls trip to Costa Rica!!! We all decided on the Esplendor Hotel in Tamarindo, Costa Rica! On a scale of 1-10 I would give this place a 6.5, and here’s why:
- The view is AMAZING! When you pull up you are greeted with cool towels (so I heard…we did not get this royal treatment, but I’m sure it is the normal) a refreshing drink, and a breath-taking view of the infinity pool overlooking the ocean.
This literally is how it looked when we pulled up! (Unedited!)
- The pool was awesome! We loved the infinity pool and the view we had to the ocean. The swim up bar was an added bonus!
- It was very clean! I loved the fact the grounds were well maintained, the property was litter free, and the housekeepers were awesome with cleaning up after us messy ladies!!
Things to consider:
- Location. This hotel has a spectacular view because it is situated HIGH (and I mean HIGH) up in altitude. Walking down to the town isn’t bad per se…but walking back up was a nightmare. We paid $5 a night to avoid the hill after one trip up.
- Transportation. The hotel does have a shuttle service, HOWEVER it ONLY runs every 30 minutes, with a 2 1/2 hour break around lunch and stops at 8pm. The shuttle seats about 12-15 people and was always full leaving people to wait or walk. Beings as though the ONE STOP to town (besides the beach house) is only a TWO MINUTE DRIVE (we timed it), they really should and NEED to run this van a bit more frequently.
- Breakfast. I honestly can say they served THE SAME FOOD EVERY DAY WE WERE THERE! It was free and included, but after awhile, beans and rice, bacon, fruit, cereal, and toast was old. For beverages, the options consisted of orange juice, milk, tea or coffee. On the last day there, they ran out of eggs at 8am (they serve from 7-10am).
When it was all said and done, overall, we really enjoyed our stay. We probably wouldn’t stay here again, just because we would like to try something new, and avoid $5 hill taxis. We hope this lovely establishment take these suggestions into consideration to improve on an already awesome home away from home!