As I watch my children interact daily and do simple things like eat cereal, do homework, play outside, I find myself reminiscing on my childhood. In comparing the two, it just amazed me how “little things”, that meant a great deal to me as a kid, is extinct in my children’s childhood.
- Ladies, remember being in the house and hearing those ropes hit the ground from a distance (tick, tack, tick, tack), and without even looking, you knew double dutch was being played. Then you hear the famous..”Teddy bear, teddy bear turn around..
- Who remembers catching lightening bugs and putting them in a jar to watch them light up? I can’t even remember the last time I saw a lightening bug!
- I know you remember fighting with your brother or sister over who’s going to get the prize from the cereal box! Now you have to enter a code from the box online…blah blah blah
- If you read my other blog post streetlights then you already about what I’m talking about!
- OH, for a WHILE, I kept buying my oldest son “BOOK COVERS” for his books, but after a couple years of them just lying around I got the hint!
- To piggyback on number 5, how about having your back CAVE IN from having a book bag packed with books??? (My son has ONE book he brings home!).
- PLAYGROUNDS???? They did NOT EXIST, we MADE UP games to play, or played TAG, KICKBALL, RACED!!!!
- I remember the boys big thing was FLIPPING! Flipping off and out of anything raised off the ground..trees, roofs, old mattress sidewalks and the list goes.